We are here to learn some new ways to rank for featured snippets. Before moving on to that, let us first understand what exactly is a featured snippet?
Well, Featured snippet is a simple way of showing answers to your searched query. It contains some bullets giving a brief review of the answers to your questions, the title of the page, and the URL address of the page containing the content. It is mostly seen that content with featured snippet is ranked on the top and this is the main reason to why featured snippets are also called position ”0” ranking.
According to the latest observations, it has been found that featured snippets increases the click-through-rate of a website and hence drives more website traffic towards it. We can say that featured snippets express your content in a precise way and help a reader to understand what your content is actually about.
Here are 9 things that you need to know about how to rank for a featured snippet?
- A featured snippet is an ever-expanding feature so you must understand and use it wisely.
- Analysis. Analysis of your current site is very important to understand what you should do to rank your page for featured snippets.
- Do some researchers. No doubt, you cannot create a featured snippet but you can definitely check your website using some tools and see how your competitors have shown their data in terms of featured snippets. Use some online tools to check your website ranking and does some research work to analyze how your competitors display featured snippet and what is their format.
- Follow reverse approach and frame answers to the questions that are asked most of the time by the searchers.
- Format your features snippet as per the given format in order to avoid any hassle.
- Most of the search results are related to one another so look for the local searches and try to work accordingly.
- The first and the most important thing that you must know is that you cannot create a featured snippet. Surprised, but true. You cannot create a featured snippet. It is the sole decision of the Google-like search engine whether it wants to show your content and includes featured snippet or not. You may hire an SEO expert for your site but still, Google will be the sole manager of these featured snippets.
- You need to improve your website ranking and take it to the first page of the SERP. Yes, you read it right. If your website is ranked on the second or the later pages, then getting featured snippet is quite impossible for you. You might have searched for any product or service and seen that featured snippet is available only for the search results that are available on the first page only.
- Your content should be grammatically correct else it would be removed from the featured snippets.
Above are 9 things you need to know about how to rank for featured snippets.