Marketing is an essential activity to be carried out to create more awareness about your brand and in turn increase sales. With businesses going online, everybody is busy with promoting a product online. ‘Digital Marketing’ is the new mantra for successful business. Small businesses are also adopting the digital route to make the brands more popular. It is an effective and measurable marketing channel.
In the past few years, there were several trends that existed in digital domain. In 2017, there are some trends which will still exist. It is expected to continue in the long run.
1. Smart phone users are increasing at an alarming rate. So mobile websites are going to important for people. Content on mobile will be tweaked so that it enhances the experience of users.
2. Leveraging social media for monetizing and making profits will become more rampant. So lot of ads will be posted on social media because that’s where the audience lies. Content will be made by considering all these factors.
3. Live video streaming for bringing out the ‘Wow factor’ among the website users will become more common. This will be particularly for watching live sports activities, interviews etc. Marketers will be busy in figuring out how to get the maximum out of this channel for creating more brand awareness. Faster internet speed has made live streaming a reality. More and more people will get habituated for watching event live.
4. Consumers are spoilt with choices when it comes to choosing the right medium for purchasing any product. The same products will be made available at all the consumer touchpoints like laptops, mobile phones, desktop computers etc. Also a customized message will be passed on the consumers while accessing each of this network. Marketers will be busy in understanding the behavior patterns of the consumers in different mediums.
5. Augmented reality will be the next big thing for brands. Right now, it is still at a nascent stage. People are always ready to experience something new and exciting. Augmented Reality will be the one thing that will satisfy their curiosity.
6. Analyzing data will be more important for the businesses. Lots of analytics will be available regarding the online customer life cycle journey which needs to be properly read and interpreted. There will be more investment made in the analytical tools to decode what the consumers want so that the marketers can be proactive.
7. Geo targeted ads will become the most preferred choice of the marketing professionals as they enable reaching out to right set of target audience in cost effective manner. There is lesser spillover in terms of cost.
8. As the market will become more cluttered, marketers will try to opt for specializing in niche category of products and services. More personalized message will be passed on to the consumers for their specific set of choices.
9. Lastly and more importantly, ‘Content will still be the King’. More and more online users are scrolling down the posts and skipping ads. So it is important create a content which will be engaging and unique.