Digital Marketing, online marketing, running marketing campaigns are some of the coolest things that every marketer does to expand his wings in the online marketplace. Whether you win or lose doesn’t matter, your faith in yourself should never take you down.
You should have immense courage and potential to convert your failure to your success. Whenever you face any marketing issue, never give up. Rise yourself from the ashes and come up as a real hero. Just like this, 301 redirects affect one or the other phase of your business. Now the trick is how to gain traffic from 301 redirects.
This may sound childish. But it is absolutely true! You can still gain more website traffic despite 301 redirects. Today, we shall discuss what exactly 301 redirect is and how it can be used to gain traffic.
What is a 301 redirect?
Redirect means directing one URL page to another. Here 301 redirect refers to the job of a search engine where the URL entered by one of the users will be redirected to some other provided both the URL are liked.
Why is it necessary?
- To create a common URL that would house all other connected URL under a single roof.
- To get website traffic from other sources those are maintained by the original URL only.
Now moving to how to gain more traffic using 301 redirects
- The first and the most important benefit of 301 redirect it if you have renovated your website and made changes in it, you can redirect your old websites’ traffic to the new one by this 301 redirect. For example, if you launched a new brand in your company, and you want to promote it to as many people as you can, you will prefer this 301 redirect to route your customers’ to this new page.
- Google officially announced that it prefer HTTPS over HTTP. If your present website has received SSL 2048-bit key certificate, then Google will improve your ranking in the search engine. Although the increase is small it is a significant one. HTTPS sites are more secured and Google considers HTTPS sites over HTTP because it wants to give a safer ad secured environment to the searchers. So if you are still on HTTP, it’s high time that you should move to HTTPS and apply 301 redirects on your pages to make them more secure for the customers who visit it.
- You can redirect the customers to the same content but on a different URL. If you are just converting your pages from HTTP to HTTPS, and you are ok with the web content, then you can simply paste the same content.
The only essence of this article is that redirects like 301 redirects can be used positively to gain website traffic. Hopefully, you find this information useful and consider it when your site page gets this 301 redirect.