Google is one of the most popular search engine platform in the world. Everyday billions of searches happen on Google. So nobody can mess up with this search engine. All website require Google to be found easily.
But getting found on Google is not an easy task. One has to optimize keywords, write good content, get backlinks etc. Also it changes the algorithm which define the ranking of links.
So one cannot predict what essential things need to be done to stay on the top of the Google ranking pages. Higher the ranking, higher is the click through rate. It is important to understand why Google penalizes some of the websites or hates some of the websites:
Here Are Some Of The Reasons For You To Go Through
- Nowadays many people use internet through mobile. Smart phones have become an indispensable part of our daily lives. So one cannot ignore optimizing content for mobile. You need to develop responsive website for mobile as Google likes it.
- Normally people do not stick around for more time on website if they do not find the content relevant. In worst scenarios, people move out from website after going through just one webpage. This is called ‘Bounce rate’. More bounce rate is penalized by Google as it indicates that people are not anticipating the content which is showed to them after clicking on the link.
- Bounce rate also increases when a website takes more time to upload. You should get rid of things which delays the opening up of the website. Time taken by the website is also considered as an important parameter by the Google while rating it for rankings.
- Content is the king. It should flow naturally. Some people do keyword stuffing for bringing the website up when that particular keyword is used by the searcher. But what matters to Google is the user experience. They should be able to derive value out of the content and find it relevant. If not, then Google penalizes the website by giving them lower ‘Quality Score’.
- Backlinks are good but that doesn’t mean you should try to get any kind of links. Some links like .gov, .edu are good links which increase the value of your website. Links from irrelevant websites should be avoided otherwise Google gives lower rankings.
- Many a times you come across a website which has got hundreds of pages. But you find it difficult to find the information which you need. These websites are difficult to navigate. A sitemap helps in accessing the information quickly and easily. It enhances the user experience and so Google likes it. Nowadays even sites with less content have sitemaps. Not having sitemaps can be detrimental for website.
- Meta tags give correct picture to the searcher about what kind of content he/she will be able to access. Misleading metatags can lower search rankings. One needs to give correct information in the Meta tags and Meta description.
- There is no alternative for Good content. People like to read something which is relevant, interesting and informative. Without good content, the website has no future.