Google recently announced to consider Mobile-indexing first, let us give a closer look to some of the challenges that the website developers and Google search engine would face If you are regular at online searching, you must be aware of this recent update where Google would consider mobile-indexing first. Here, we shall focus on some of the key points of this plan and how a mobile crawl of a website actually looks like.
Based on our discussion, we shall conclude how this update will challenge Google in the search engine process:
Salient Features of Google’s Mobile-Indexing First are listed below:
- Today, most of the people are accessing the Internet while they are on the go to utilize their time in an efficient manner. Mobile-indexing is a move taken by Google to strengthen information providing the base of Google-like search engine so that users can access a mobile website in place of desktop one.
- When website designers are streamlining your web content as per the mobile-indexing, they pick up data from your desktop site and upload it on their mobile version. This may result in publishing meaningless content that the viewer is not searching for.
- If you have already created a responsive website where there is no difference between the desktop and mobile versions, then you don’t have to take the pain of unnecessarily changing your site format. This point clearly states that quality and structured data or web content remains one of the important considerations for desktop or mobile indexing. When your website data is structured, it makes things easier for Google. Although structured data hardly does any value addition to the Google-like search engine but its presentation impacts and benefits users to improve their overall web page ranking in one or the other way.
- In order to implement this plan, Google is trying to introduce fewer disruptive changes. No doubt, mobile version of your website will have fewer links when compared to desktop ones. Does that mean mobile-indexing should be stopped? No, not at all.
- Google is very determined when it crawls through your website. When you create your website or hire professionals, make sure your homepage contains all the visible links that can route the viewer to the actual content that he or she is looking for. No user wants to click several times to land on the page of their interest and needs. Likewise, Google crawls through your website and keeps track of the number of clicks that the user has to perform to end up reading the page.
- For mobile versions, each blog comments is displayed on the particular URL where the blog belongs to. So, it is easier to view and review readers’ comments about any blog.
The only fear that troubles Google is that Desktop version website has structured data where the mobile version is still lagging behind. Google has finalized to consider mobile-indexing first, but they are likely to face major challenges that we have just discussed.