Every online business wants to get higher ranking on Google Maps. But believe us, getting a higher ranking is equally important as getting your business into Google Maps.
What is ranking?
Ranking refers to taking your online business amongst the top rankers when anyone searches for the content similar to your website. Getting to the first page of Google Maps is a tough task and most of the people fail to reach this level. Searchers look for data only on the first page and hardly move to the second page. So, it is important to get higher ranking on Google Maps if you really want to show your online presence in the market.
Let us look at some of the ranking factors that Google Maps use to rank your website.
1. Genuine and authentic Information
You need to give accurate information about your business so that Google can list it accordingly. Don’t forget to add information like
• Your Contact details: This would Include your business address, phone number, and website address so that Google can easily keep a track of your online presence.
• Mention your working hours: Every business work for a specific period of time in a day so it is advised to mention your working hours. Google Maps will use this information to convey your working hours to the buyers and sellers.
• Avoid duplicate: Google penalize sites that use duplicate content so avoid doing any type of duplicacy.
2. User Reviews
User reviews is another criteria that Google Maps use to rank your website. Keeping in mind the number of user reviews, Google will rank your business. Doesn’t matter how good or bad reviews your business has got, Google will the review count and use it as one of the genuine parameters.
3. Use proper keywords or Category of Your Business
Make sure, you use optimized keywords or categories that give a brief description of your business. Whatever your business is, you need to add categories that are appropriate from Google search engines’ point of view.
4. Integrate Google Map on Your Website
You can integrate Google Maps into your website. Many successful business men integrate Google Map on the contact page that allows customers and the Google to know the exact location of your business. Use this map to add your business location so that it can be easily listed on your Google Places.
5. Optimize your business for Google
Google Map lists have a pre-defined limit of using a definite number of characters. You need to stay restricted to that limit and make sure you describe your business using local SEO keywords only.
6. Provide your business’ Local details
Make sure you give your local number and avoid writing the toll-free number. Google Maps don’t consider these toll-free numbers because these numbers are more prone to getting spam calls. Local phone numbers confirms Google that your business exists physically.
Hopefully, you find this information useful and consider it while searching for parameters to rank higher on Google Maps.