A CMS migration is one of the effective solutions for the already existing businesses facing some of the technical problems in the existing setup of the business. Large scale sites migrating to a CMS shouldn’t overlook the migration. We are here with the top 8 SEO points to check after a CMS migration. Here we go.
- After a CMS migration, before running your website. You must check for the web pages that are linked by the visitors and have gained potential web traffic on your web pages. Now the question is How to check? Well, this can be checked with the help of SEO tools like Google Webmasters Tools. This tool will help you to get information about the internal linkages.
- Do not forget to redirect your previous URL. After your site has migrated, you will divert your attention the new URL. But do not forget to redirect the old URL otherwise you would simply end up losing your contacts due to your negligence.
- Monitor your website. Check the effect of migration before it is pushed into the production line. Thoroughly check your website after a CMS migration. You may have to wait for 10-15 days as Google take this time to check new URL and give ranking to your website.
- Do not forget to include your old Top Landing Pages in the new URL. There are web pages on your website that are ranked quite well by the Google-like search engine. Do not forget to include these pages in the new URL so that your website traffic isn’t affected after a CMS migration.
- Make sure you add the desired Google Analytics code. Before you, web page goes live after a CMS migration. This is important to keep a check on the genuine website traffic otherwise you would simply end up confusing yourself with the plunge of website traffic that is otherwise missing from your site.
- Go for Fetch and Render in Google Search Console. Before you send your web page into the production line. Just like any other mobile-friendly test, you will have to perform this fetch and render operation when the web page going live into the production.
- Check your website for Mobile-friendly Test. Google officially announced that it will crawl through the mobile-optimized website first. Most of the online businesses have switched to mobile-friendly websites. Whenever you migrate to a Content Management system, CMS, you must check if the new web pages are mobile-optimized or not.
- Check for any kind of severe issues. You might have posted invaluable content on your website. This can give rise to the severe issue for your website. Check your web pages for the quality content so that they can be optimized.
Above are the top 8 SEO points that you must check after a content management system migration. These points will help you to take your new URL to the same heights of success as older one. Try to these points to see a noticeable change.