Keywords are an important part of your websites SEO. You need to frame a good keyword strategy for getting into the first, second or third pages of search engines. So what should be the approach for keyword research?
You can develop content by keeping in mind different set of individual keywords. For this, you may have to write different pages after pages. But what if you can target multiple keywords on a single page?
This will help you develop full content which will be relevant and enjoyable for the target audience. On the other hand, if you limit yourself to only a few keywords then you will be able to thin content which won’t look appealing? Valuable information will be spread across multiple pages thus reducing the authority of each page. The search engines will not be able to identify the actual worth of your website.
By finding niche keywords, you can be able to target multiple keywords. The strategy is to find niche topics surrounding the keywords. There are different tools available through which you can get the niche topics. One is the ‘Keyword Explorer.’ You can find niche topics with the best qualities regarding difficulty, search volume, etc. by using the tool. The goal is to find the concepts rather than keywords. There is a particular methodology through which you can identify an idea. It is as follows:
- First, you need to enter a relevant question into the search engine. There are featured snippets generated in question format search queries. These featured snippets are small boxes which have got one to two sentence answers which are related to the topic. There is another box below the featured snippet which has got questions below the box ‘People also ask.’ These questions are according to the search engines logic of what are the topics related to the keyword.
- You can select the most relevant question in the ‘People also ask’ query which might be slightly different than the search intent. The search plan which aligns the most with your target user should be chosen. This will take you to another set of ‘People also ask’ suggestions which will help go deeper into the topic.
- You then need to identify suggestions with low value featured snippets. The featured snippets which are not particularly helpful must be determined, and also those which you think can be improved. Once you are done with it, compile a list of ‘People also ask’ questions which are closely related to your topic.
- Compiling the list of questions is followed by analyzing the list of words with the help of keyword research tool. Plug the keywords that are generating featured snippets into your keyword research tool. Then select the list of keywords which show a proper balance of search volume and competitiveness.
- Finally, those keywords need to be applied to headings tags and page title. Your content team should now get into action and come up with good answers to all the questions. Ideally, place the targeted keywords as the heading tags followed by a valuable description.