A website won’t be useful if it is not optimized to boost search engine ranking. Having not found in first few pages of search engines is the worst nightmare which one might face. Search engines only rely on quality content. They give a damn about how good your website might be looking. There are various tips and tricks which one can follow WordPress site which has got SEO plugins.
WordPress SEO Tips and Techniques:
- Set your own permalinks. Permalinks are basically URL’s of website pages and posts. These URL’s are used by people to access your website. So it is very important that it is kept simple and catchy. In WordPress, there is default setting which can be accessed as per convenience and needs.
- You can also create a sitemap for your website so as to enhance your ranking. Every search engines have got a different mechanism to read a website. Sitemaps help the search engine spiders in reading the website. They in a way guide the spiders in accessing the content in a meaningful way. When there are hundreds of pages in a site it becomes difficult to organize the content. Sitemaps help search engines in indexing the website in a better way. Visitors also find it easy to access content because of the sitemap.
- It is always advisable to use Google analytics to see how your site is performing. Through Google Analytics, you can be able to keep a tab on the kind of visitors that you are getting on the site, what is their demographic profile etc.
- Major advantage of WordPress is that it gives a lot of options in terms of different kind of themes that can be used for your site. According to the nature of your business, you can select a particular theme which has good colors and pictures going well with your brand identity. You should also try to select a theme which is optimized for search engines.
- You should SEO plugins to boost your search engine ranking. WordPress has Yoast SEO, All in One SEO plugin which can be used effectively. This plugin helps you in coming out with a good Meta tag, Meta description and Meta title for your website. These plugins also help in building a sitemap for your website.
- Just putting images or videos won’t make your site interesting. You have to take efforts to tag the images, videos with an appropriate description so that it gets optimized. So when a person is looking for specific information, then at that time you will attract those visitors just because of the images or videos which are optimized.
- Your efforts should be to increase your online presence. So you should leverage all possible mediums to increase your reach. You should enable the visitors to share your content on social media channels easily by adding sharing buttons. By doing this you will not just be having visitors to your website but also will be able to create influencers.
- You should try to create high quality, engaging, interesting and unique content. The aim should not just be to create content which is grammatically free of errors but to create a content which will appeal to readers.